Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Amri 214 posts 740 karma points
    Oct 29, 2018 @ 10:56
    David Amri

ContentTypeService failed to find a content type with alias...

I did some doctype alias updates. Everything works fine when visiting the site. But when previewing a node from Umbraco the site goes down due to missing alias.

"ContentTypeService failed to find a content type with alias "module_d".. This usually indicates that the content cache is corrupt; the content cache has been rebuilt in an attempt to self-fix the issue."

When looking in the umbraco.config file all aliases looks good and has the updated aliases, everything works as expected.

But the preview/XXXXXXXXX.config has some of the old aliases? I'm guessing this is why the site breaks when in preview mode.

I have tried:

• Clearing the ClientDependency temp files and updated the ClientDependency version number.
    • Clear the App_Data/umbraco.config file.
    • Republish all content
    • Reindex content

None of the above has resolved the issue. Somehow the generated preview App_Data/preview config files still has some of the old aliases?

The only way I have managed to get the preview config file to update the aliases is to resave all of the nodes that has the old alias name. It would be really tedious to resave all of the nodes one by one, is there anything I can do to resolve this without having to resave all of the nodes?

Best regards /David

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft