Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ishan Vyas 67 posts 198 karma points
    Oct 30, 2018 @ 12:10
    Ishan Vyas

I want to create a blog section in my site by having an blog entity which will be handling blogs (adding/deleting), and this can be shown in the blogs column. I want to have an Parent->child based relation.I want to create a blogs entity in Umbraco to enter / get the data for blog section. can someone guide me where to start from. Do i start by creating user in umbraco back office or what should i do?

• Michaël Vanbrabandt 863 posts 3348 karma points c-trib
    Oct 30, 2018 @ 12:13
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Hi ishan,

have a look at this Youtube video of Codeshare.co.uk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZFYbBrwDfc

Here you will learn how to add a blog into Umbraco.

Hope this helps!

/Michaël

Oct 30, 2018 @ 12:23
    Ishan Vyas

yes sir i have gone through the tutorials but i want it like parent -> child type entity relation. like one user in umbraco creates the blogs and the admin user can see it in the blogs collection in backoffice. so can you guide me how can i carry on and build it like this?

• Søren Gregersen 441 posts 1884 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Oct 30, 2018 @ 13:17
    Søren Gregersen

Hi Ishan,

Do you want users to create content stored in umbraco? And build a custom interface for them to edit the content? etc. etc.

I think it will be a better fit if you create custom tables for this. There should be a lot of tutorials on this subject, but do you have any special needs for this platform you want to build?

Oct 30, 2018 @ 13:24
    Ishan Vyas

sir i just want to create an user other than the admin in backoffice who does this thing, and integrate it to the frontend where we can see the blogs that the other user created (other than the admin). so for this what should i be doing to get things rolling?

Oct 30, 2018 @ 13:35
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Hi Ishan,

then you only have to create a new user and set the correct priviliges / security roles for this user.

Then this user can also add / update / delete blog items and the admin can view this in the blog list or on the info tab of the blog post.

Hope this helps!

/Michaël

Oct 30, 2018 @ 13:42
    Ishan Vyas

ohks sir got it so do i need to create any members for that or just by creating the user and giving the access privileges will work out. And then i can carry on with the instruction as given in the tutorials and can create it using MVC model and then just give the permission to the user for creating the blogs (content section of blogpage). Is that it or anything else do i need to work upon? I know my doubts are a little childish but i am learning and new to this technology so this things arise you would better know as you have gone through this!!

Oct 30, 2018 @ 13:44
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Ishan,

you just need to create a new user which can manage blog post, no need for members because these are ment to use for the frontend of your website, users are used for the Umbraco backoffice.

Hope this helps!

/Michaël

Oct 30, 2018 @ 13:45
    Ishan Vyas

Thanks Michael sir i guess i got my doubts cleared and keep up the good work!!!

Oct 30, 2018 @ 13:52
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Ishan,

no problem, if you need more help don't hesitate to ask this on the forum!

Have a nice day!

/Michaël

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft