Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt 353 posts 825 karma points
    Oct 31, 2018 @ 14:35
    Matt

Usync Export and Import on command line

Hello all,

I've been testing out uSync and loving what I can see so far, makes things so much easier when moving content/files across environments.

I have the following setup;

UmbracoSiteA

-uSync installed

-uSync Content Installed

UmbracoSiteb

-uSync installed

-uSync Content Installed

I've also created a batch file which copies;

Media, Scripts, uSync, Views and CSS folders across from SiteA to SiteB

My issue is now, I'm looking to run a command line from SiteA which will run the uSync export

I will then run my batch file.

Then if possible, have a command line to Import Usync on siteB

I found the following thread about uSync.Chauffeur

https://our.umbraco.com/packages/developer-tools/usync/usync/81793-executing-import-on-umbraco-site-from-program

However I didn't quite understand how this works? Could someone point me in right direction how I can run the Usync export and import via command line?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Oct 31, 2018 @ 15:19
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

So, if you install both the Chauffeur.Runner (https://www.nuget.org/packages/Chauffeur.Runner/) and and uSync.Chauffeur (https://www.nuget.org/packages/uSync.Chauffeur/) packages installed

Then you can run chauffeur from a command line in your projects bin folder. (see https://aaronpowell.github.io/Chauffeur/getting-started.html)

> bin/Chauffeur.Runner.exe

From here you get an umbraco> command prompt

if you type help you should get a list of available commands (including uSync if you've installed it)

equally help uSync will give you more detail of what uSync commands you have/

In general usync commands are in the format uSync [action] [folder]

the folder is optional and allows you to use something that isn't usync/data

so an export to the standard folder is :

Umbraco> uSync export 

and standard folder import is

Umbraco> uSync Import

You can be more specific if you want - for example only import content-types might be

Umbraco > uSync content-type import [somefolder/path]

You can call chauffeur and have it run the command in one, so for example

> bin\chauffeur.runner usync export 

Will start up chauffeur, run a uSync export to the default folder and exit. (you don't need to do this if uSync is already exporting everything when you make changes) and

> bin\chauffeur.runner usync import 

Will do the import (which might be all you want/need to import to your second site)

When Importing on the command line you should turn off import at startup in the usync config (config/usyncBackoffice.config) - set import to false (<Import>false</Import>) because you don't need it and it will slow boot times down.

It is worth noting there is a difference between the built-in chauffeur content-type (and other) commands and the uSync content-type commands, they have different format files and do things differently.

Kevin

• Matt 353 posts 825 karma points
    Nov 05, 2018 @ 13:37
    Matt

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to install the uSync Chauffeur and I'm getting the following error;

Installing uSync.Chauffeur 1.0.0.
    Install failed. Rolling back...
    Package 'uSync.Chauffeur.1.0.0 : Chauffeur.Runner [1.3.0, ), uSync [4.0.5, )' does not exist in project 'UmbracoSiteA'
    Package 'uSync.Chauffeur.1.0.0 : Chauffeur.Runner [1.3.0, ), uSync [4.0.5, )' does not exist in folder 'UmbracoSiteA\packages'
    Executing nuget actions took 743.85 ms
    Install-Package : Could not install package 'uSync.Chauffeur 1.0.0'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets '.NETFramework,Version=v4.5.2', but the package does not contain any 
    assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Install-Package uSync.Chauffeur -Version 1.0.0
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], Exception
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PackageManagement.PowerShellCmdlets.InstallPackageCommand

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft