Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Henrik Sunesen 84 posts 281 karma points
    Nov 01, 2018 @ 21:02
    Henrik Sunesen

Using Umbraco to build webshop from scratch

Hello,

I'm started to build a webshop in umbraco (no commerce addon like ucommerce, tea etc.) is that possible? we are talking a small webshop 10-50 items in different sizes.

What are your thoughts about that? Something I should be aware of? (mainly thinking about security)

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Nov 02, 2018 @ 00:57
    Nicholas Westby

That's a pretty general question, so I'm not super sure what sort of answer you're after.

Yes, it's possible. Shouldn't be super hard. Security is the same for any other website. Main things I think think of off the top of my head:

• User Info Don't store user information, especially credit card info. Use third parties to do that. Depending on how you go about it, you may be technically responsible for PCI compliance, which is a huge pain. Try to use a service that manages the payments entirely off domain.
    • HTTPS Use an SSL certificate so the site is on HTTPS.
    • Secure Code Write secure code (e.g., avoid SQL injection, ensure forms are using request verification tokens, and so on).

If you have particular issues in mind, let us know and perhaps we can offer more specific answers.

• Henrik Sunesen 84 posts 281 karma points
    Jan 15, 2019 @ 21:55
    Henrik Sunesen

A specificeret question could be: if i'm handling my product stock from Umbraco back office, and when the costumers make a checkout I use content service, to operate the stock properties... But what if two costumers checkout at the exact same time? Would that give me any problems? Or does Umbraco have some sort of concurrency control? Hope you can answer me on this :)

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Jan 16, 2019 @ 00:19
    Nicholas Westby

Nope, you'll need to build in some form of concurrency control (e.g., a static instance you can lock on).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft