Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Shahzad Ahamad 51 posts 251 karma points
    Nov 02, 2018 @ 11:57
    Shahzad Ahamad

How to push umbraco upgrade changes from local to server

Hi guys,

I need to upgrade Umbraco in my site from 7.4.1 to 7.4.3. I was able to do the upgradation using 'Nuget package manager console' in my local and it worked perfectly it updated my dev DB and everything worked perfectly. Now I need to push the changes to my staging server. Can you guys please help me out with what folders dop i need to push to upgrade the Umbraco on my staging server. When I look in the bin folder the Umbraco dlls are old. DO I just need to copy the Umbraco, Umbraco client and config folders and update the web.config files and it will upgrade the Umbraco? Or I need to make some other changes. Any help would be appreciable. Thank you

• Alexander Croner 71 posts 282 karma points
    Nov 02, 2018 @ 12:10
    Alexander Croner

If you are running it in Visual Studio, right click on the project - chose publish, and then follow the wizards. If you do a local publish build then you could pretty much copy everything from that folder over to the server (excluding maybe the webconfig that would have to be merged manually probably since you'd have different connectionstrings etc).

• Shahzad Ahamad 51 posts 251 karma points
    Nov 13, 2018 @ 08:41
    Shahzad Ahamad

Thanks Alex, It worked

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft