Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Adrian Wu 53 posts 266 karma points
    Nov 12, 2018 @ 00:53
    Adrian Wu

Umbraco preview looks different than Browserstack

Hi team, I am using Browserstack to test cross devices issues.

While some pages look well in Browserstack but they do not look well in "Preview" in Umbraco.

Anyone knows how to address this discrepancy.

Thanks,

A

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Nov 12, 2018 @ 13:39
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Adrian,

There can be many reasons as to why this happens. You will probably need to examine what the actual differences are and based on that, see if it's a general issue or it's just a CSS issue (e.g. different browser/window size etc.)

As an example: If the frontend code for your site uses JavaScript to detect specific browsers (e.g. mobile browsers) and serves different CSS to those, you will see a different result in Browserstack because it uses the actual devices to render the page, whereas the "mobile" view in the Umbraco Previewer just uses a narrow viewport (<iframe> I think).

Do you have screenshots that shows the differences?

/Chriztian

• Adrian Wu 53 posts 266 karma points
    Nov 26, 2018 @ 22:13
    Adrian Wu

Hi, Christian, thanks for your reply last time. The previous difference was gone without my notice.

Recently I encountered a new difference between the preview mode and non-preview mode.

The preview mode gives me this intermediate state for one or two seconds before showing the correct zoom level. However, in the non-preview mode, it does not have this issue.

enter image description here

Thanks,

A

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft