Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Amri 214 posts 740 karma points
    Nov 16, 2018 @ 08:27
    David Amri

Hi, was just wondering if Umbraco now has examine PDF indexing included? I was looking at the Examine settings documentation and saw an example of the PDF index set. If so, in what version was this included?

Best regards /David

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Nov 16, 2018 @ 09:18
    Ismail Mayat

David,

It does not have it out of the box you have to use https://www.nuget.org/packages/UmbracoCms.UmbracoExamine.PDF/

Regards

Ismail

Nov 16, 2018 @ 09:22
    David Amri

Thanks Ismael, I've got it working with the package you are referring to, was just curious...

Now that I've got your attention... I have set up a multi index searcher, content and pdf. I'm using a raw lucene qurey but the results all have the same score? Any ideas why this is the case?

Thanks! /David

Nov 16, 2018 @ 09:26
    Ismail Mayat

I recall seeing something similar although that was a while ago under the context of wildcards see https://our.umbraco.com/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/13963-Examine-wildcard-search-score

Are you wildcard searching?

Nov 16, 2018 @ 09:26
    David Amri

Indeed I am. The qurey looks like this:

var luceneSearchTerm = "pageTitleSearch:" + searchTerm + "*";
                            luceneSearchTerm += " aTextSearch:" + searchTerm + "*";
                            luceneSearchTerm += " bTextSearch:" + searchTerm + "*";
                            luceneSearchTerm += " cTextSearch:" + searchTerm + "*";
                            luceneSearchTerm += " dTextSearch:" + searchTerm + "*";
                            luceneSearchTerm += " eTextSearch:" + searchTerm + "*";

luceneSearchTerm += " areaOfInterest:" + searchTerm + "*";
                            luceneSearchTerm += " docFilter:" + searchTerm + "*";

luceneSearchTerm += " updateDocsPyramidVersion:" + searchTerm + "*";

luceneSearchTerm += " FileTextContent:" + searchTerm + "*";
                            luceneSearchTerm += " umbracoFile:" + searchTerm + "*";
                            luceneSearchTerm += " umbracoExtension:" + searchTerm + "*";

Nov 16, 2018 @ 09:28
    Ismail Mayat

David,

Try taking off the wildcard just to see if that is the issue? If so then you can try my suggestion in the post if you really need the score.

One thing your query looks straight forward any reason why you are using raw query and the fluent api? Also do you need the search on umbracoExtension?

Nov 16, 2018 @ 09:40
    David Amri

Great, I will try and see what happens.

Regarding the raw qurey, I was reading the Examine examine post. As I understood it I have to use the raw qurey If I would like to make a search on multiple words.

nodeName:paging in XSLT

instead of this phrase:

nodeName:"paging in XSLT"

Perhaps I have misunderstood it? I get kind of confused with the search thing.. :)

Hm, the umbracoExtension lets me search for "pdf". This will get me all the pdf files, perhaps not so useful as I can search the content of the pdfs... I'm still experimenting on the search... :)

EDIT: ah, the "umbracoFile" includes the file extension. Then the "umbracoExtension" is of course not so useful... :D

Thanks /David

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft