Nov 17, 2018 @ 01:19
    James Inger

Error when installing Plugin

Hi All,

I have gotten an error when installing the uCommentator Plugin

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: dataTypeDefinition
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the     current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information     about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: dataTypeDefinition

How can I manually uninstall or it ?. I have deleted the uCommentator folder in the app_plugin folder, what else do I need to change ?

Stack Trace below

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: dataTypeDefinition] Umbraco.Core.Models.PropertyType..ctor(IDataTypeDefinition dataTypeDefinition) +113 Umbraco.Comment.Settings.ApplicationStart.ApplicationStarted(UmbracoApplicationBase umbracoApplication, ApplicationContext applicationContext) +1727 Umbraco.Core.ApplicationEventHandler.OnApplicationStarted(UmbracoApplicationBase umbracoApplication, ApplicationContext applicationContext) +37 Umbraco.Core.CoreBootManager.

[HttpException (0x80004005): Value cannot be null. Parameter name: dataTypeDefinition] System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +10093561 System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +118 System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +173 System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +218 System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +296

[HttpException (0x80004005): Value cannot be null. Parameter name: dataTypeDefinition] System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +10074760 System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +95 System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +254

• James Inger 11 posts 102 karma points
    Nov 17, 2018 @ 02:19
    James Inger

Solved it.

Removed all files and then restarted the Azure Web Service.

Seems to be the .dll that was currupt

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft