Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• j0w 31 posts 202 karma points
    Nov 20, 2018 @ 20:58
    j0w

Hi there,

I have a project building an eCommerce website on umbraco. I'm new to it (like... preety much 1month experience for now) so a bit help would be very appreciated.

I've done some searching and found about Merchello and uCommerce (the free version)

The site has to fit some requirements : - 10-15 products to display/manage - paypal payment - possibility to see/manage the orders - free to manage in the long term

Can you explain wich one is the best solution in your opinion, and why?

Thanks for your time !

• Mikael Soerensen 3 posts 93 karma points
    Nov 21, 2018 @ 10:28
    Mikael Soerensen

Hi Fant0hm.

It really depends. They are both good for the job, i've used Ucommerce in the past since its the most used in umbraco, also its userfriendly and you can offer multiple stores, multiple languages, multiple currencies and so on. It really depends on which shop you are about to make.

I changed to merchello since it gives more insight from a marketeer perspective since you have more in depth product analysis.

Both are free, and both have same design pretty much so if you dont like the one in the first place, you can just change and by that u wont need to learn a complete new system.

If you are new to it, id go for Merchello, great support also :-).

Regards

Mikael Sørensen

• j0w 31 posts 202 karma points
    Nov 21, 2018 @ 17:30
    j0w

Hello Mikael,

Thanks for your detailed answer :)

Well, it's a shop to sell handmade candys. So it'll only have a few diiferent sorts at the beginning (like 15 sorts of differents candys).

It's an artisanal production but in the last months, the demand just like.. doubled, for "They-Dont-Know-Why" ahah :D

Since it may be usefull to have product analysis in order to know wich candys are the most sold, make previsions and adapt production in consequences.

So, i guess Merchello would be a good choice, right?

Regards,

• Mikael Soerensen 3 posts 93 karma points
    Nov 22, 2018 @ 07:41
    Mikael Soerensen

Yeps id go for it, also thats why i went with Merchello later :-) !

Regards

Mikael Soerensen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft