Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Hamilton 79 posts 169 karma points
    Nov 22, 2018 @ 19:21
    Richard Hamilton

App Pool suddenly uses all memory

We recently upgraded to 7.12.3 All looked good but twice in the last week the appPool on each of the servers has just suddenly increased memory use to the point where the server grinds to a halt and the appPool then stops.

Anybody else had and resolved this issue or having similar issues with the latest version?

We are on 2 front end load balances servers and one backend.

The memory use spikes quite quickly over the course of about 20 mins. I haven't found any reason for this yet so will be investigating further in the morning.

Thanks

• Marcio Goularte 374 posts 1346 karma points
    Nov 22, 2018 @ 22:12
    Marcio Goularte

Hi, Richard,

I had a problem similar to yours, but it was lower versions.

Probably it is the indexing of the examine running that causes the memory consumption. this will depend on the size of your content. One tip would be to add the RebuildOnAppStart setting to false.

https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Reference/Config/ExamineSettings/

<Examine RebuildOnAppStart="false">

This setting prevents the memory leak loop from restarting the application, and back because the examine returns to index.

Obviously it can be more of a cause, but see if that's not it

Nov 23, 2018 @ 14:29
    Richard Hamilton

I I'm not sure this is a good option for our build as if the indexes did not exist then parts of the site could fall over.

Nov 23, 2018 @ 09:05
    Richard Hamilton

OK thanks Marcio. At the moment I am just investigating all avenues until I have something a bit more concrete to go on.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft