Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt 353 posts 825 karma points
    Nov 23, 2018 @ 00:25
    Matt

Hello,

My website was/is working fine on local host, however I've published the website and uploaded all the files but for some reason the website doesn't work when published?

The type or namespace name 'cogworks' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference.

I've checked the MegaNav folder and its included and uploaded in the project.

Thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 23, 2018 @ 06:49
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Matt

Can you elaborate a bit more on your process from going to local to live? How do you handle the deploy? Is it automated or do you use FTP?

What about the server? Has it been configured correctly in order to have the correct permissions and frameworks installed etc. ?

The more you can tell us the better our chances for pointing you in the correct direction :)

/Jan

Nov 23, 2018 @ 09:11
    Matt

Hello Jan,

Its just a manual deploy through visual studio (Publish) then I upload the content manually to FTP.

I believe it should be yes, (1&1 Windows Hosting) I also read somewhere on here that someone was using 1&1.

I can login to the backend fine, but for some reason its having issues with cogworks with the above error. And the Cogworks doesn't also work in the back office.

But everything is fine on local...... strange.

Thanks,

Matt

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Nov 23, 2018 @ 12:17
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Matt,

How did you install the Meganav package. Through the package installer or using nuget ?

If it's the first I think you will need to make sure the files are included in your publishing profile.

Dave

Nov 23, 2018 @ 12:27
    Matt

Hello Dave,

Thanks for the reply, it was via nuget. I made sure the MegaNav folder is included in folder but didnt resolve anything.

Is there anything else where references could be?

Cheers

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Nov 23, 2018 @ 13:20
    Dave Woestenborghs

Maybe the package comes with a dll that is not included when you publish ?

Dave

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft