Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• smriti 32 posts 103 karma points
    Nov 26, 2018 @ 06:19
    smriti

Custom Section not loading after upgrade

I have recently upgraded my Umbraco installation from version 6.0.5 to 6.2.5. Everyhting in new upgrade works fine except the custom sections. The custom sections are visible under sections area but on clicking them, the tree does not appear.

Below is the code snippet I've used to add custom sections in trees.config file:

<add silent="false" initialize="true" sortOrder="6" alias="configFiles" application="developer" title="Config Files" iconClosed="folder.gif" iconOpen="folder_o.gif" assembly="Our.Umbraco.Tree.Config" type="LoadConfigFiles" action="" />
      <add silent="false" initialize="true" sortOrder="6" alias="housekeeping" application="developer" title="Housekeeping" iconClosed="folder.gif" iconOpen="folder_o.gif" type="FALMHousekeepingAppTree.loadHousekeeping, FALMHousekeepingAppTree" action="" />
      <add initialize="true" application="doctorfinder" sortOrder="7" alias="doctorfinder" title="Doctor Finder" iconClosed="folder.gif" iconOpen="folder_o.gif" type="LoadCustomSection" action="" />
      <add silent="false" initialize="true" sortOrder="8" alias="contactus" application="contactus" title="Contact Us" iconClosed="folder.gif" iconOpen="folder_o.gif" type="ContactAssembly.Trees.LoadContactSection, ContactAssembly.Trees" action="" />
      <add silent="false" initialize="true" sortOrder="9" alias="HYHData" application="HYHData" title="HYHData" iconClosed="folder.gif" iconOpen="folder_o.gif" type="SiteMapAssembly.LoadCustomSectionXMLSitemap, SiteMapAssembly" action="" />
      <add initialize="true" sortOrder="0" alias="configFiles" application="developer" title="Config Files" iconClosed=".sprTreeFolder" iconOpen=".sprTreeFolder_o" type="Our.Umbraco.Tree.Config.LoadConfigFiles, Our.Umbraco.Tree.Config" />

The code for creating trees in custom sections is written in cs files inside app code folder. If anyone has any idea how I can fix this then please help.

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14324 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Nov 26, 2018 @ 20:28
    Marc Goodson

Hi smriti

Have you got two with the same alias?

configFiles

first and last entry, I think for it to work the alias for all the specified trees need to be unique, try manually removing one...

regards

Marc

Nov 27, 2018 @ 04:12
    smriti

I've removed first entry as it was no longer required but still it did not solve the problem.

• Biagio Paruolo 1593 posts 1824 karma points c-trib
    Nov 26, 2018 @ 22:13
    Biagio Paruolo

Are you sure that the icon names are right?

Nov 27, 2018 @ 04:13
    smriti

Yes, the icon names are correct. The same code was working fine in version 6.0.5 but after upgrade to 6.2.5 I'm facing this problem.

Nov 27, 2018 @ 04:14
    smriti

I'm getting below error in log files:

2018-11-26 23:10:19,549 [5] WARN umbraco.BusinessLogic.ApplicationTree - [Thread 7] The tree definition: could not be resolved to a .Net object type 2018-11-26 23:10:19,564 [5] WARN umbraco.BusinessLogic.ApplicationTree - [Thread 7] The tree definition: could not be resolved to a .Net object type 2018-11-26 23:10:19,564 [5] WARN umbraco.BusinessLogic.ApplicationTree - [Thread 7] The tree definition: could not be resolved to a .Net object type

Nov 27, 2018 @ 06:57
    smriti

Found the solution. Added [Tree("SectionName", "SectionName", "TreeTitle")] before class definition in my .cs file in app_code.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft