Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Björn 18 posts 158 karma points
    Nov 27, 2018 @ 11:13
    Björn

Hi, I have a question considering user groups (running 7.7.7). Why is it that you can't give a user access to multiple nodes when editing a group but it's possible when editing a user?

For example, let's say I have a page with a top level node called Start and underneath it there are 3 pages: Page A, Page B, Page C and a news container with news items underneath. If I want a user to have access to Page A and the news inside the news container, I have to set the permissions on the user on the field "Content start nodes". This will give the user access to Page A, the news in the news container, Page B and C will be hidden and the Start node will be grayed out so the user won't be able to browse the node. On the other hand, the user group only have permission for one Content start node and if I add the nodes under "Granular permissions" the nodes won't show if I don't add the parent node (Start in this case) but that will let the editor see the entire content tree. Why is that?

If there are a lot of editors that should have the same permissions it would be time consuming to be forced to set those permissions on each and every user instead of doing it directly in the user group. Is there something I have missed when setting the user permission on the user group?

/Björn

• Parth 10 posts 100 karma points
    Nov 28, 2018 @ 06:02
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft