Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
Our site is on v7.12.3. Some of the texts are not being translated. For example, the auditTrailssmallPublish and auditTrailspublish under the Info tab of any content. I checked the en_us.xml file that is in umbraco/config/lang and it contains the key smallPublish and publish with values. I checked the en-US.user.xml file in config/lang and it's empty as expected. What did I miss?
The files in config/lang are normally created by the developer. This is the place where you would place language files when you want to overrule the built in translation.
Did you perhaps create it your self ?
Hi Dave, yes that's how I understood it should work for the config/lang. As for the items that Umbraco should translate it should be in the umbraco/config/lang right? So I found the keys in the xml that is in that folder. It would help if I can upload a screenshot but the site is not allowing me to. Anyway, those keys (smallPublish and publish) are used on the Info tab in the History section.
Do you have perhaps set the language of the user to en-gb ? Than it will look in a different language file.
I already checked that and made sure the user's language is set to en-US
For what it's worth, I ran into this going from 7.11 to 7.12 for all our sites. I raised it over here, near the end https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/93282-upgrade-from-711-to-712-fails
I have not been able to solve this either. Tons of translations don't work after moving to 7.12. I've tried everything, changing language in backoffice, blasted away the /umbraco/config lang folder with the latest, create new users etc. Nothing works.
For the time being I have lived with it.. I mean "[login_showPassword]" is not awesome on the login screen, but most others are in places that our users don't see that often anyway. Audit trail is a bit funky but at least you can still see who's edited what.
Thanks for sharing your experience M N. I already tried what you did, bumped ClientDependency, replaced the lang files with those from a fresh install of the same exact version, cleared the temp folder, checked the user language. But none helped.
I feel your pain. Sebastiaan suggested a targetFramework (web config) above 4.5.2 can cause odd behavior.
Mine is "4.5" so I can't really validate that claim, but might be worth a look on your end?
Thanks for sharing, hopefully others speak up about this issue, as it has plagued all of our sites that have gone to 7.12.
The one thing that will work is going to the user area and changing all your users to United Kingdom. This is the en.xml file "en-GB" culture. For the most part, the language is identical, but timestamps throughout the backoffice will all be 24-hour, of course.
Yes I checked it already and ours is using 4.5 as well. I tried changing to the UK language and it did work. However, the login page now shows the un-translated text. But everything else on the backoffice is translated. Though that is really not a solution as we do not want our users to be using the UK timestamp.
Thanks for sharing that M N.
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted