Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• von 61 posts 123 karma points
    Nov 28, 2018 @ 14:09
    von

Our site is on v7.12.3. Some of the texts are not being translated. For example, the auditTrailssmallPublish and auditTrailspublish under the Info tab of any content. I checked the en_us.xml file that is in umbraco/config/lang and it contains the key smallPublish and publish with values. I checked the en-US.user.xml file in config/lang and it's empty as expected. What did I miss?

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Nov 28, 2018 @ 14:33
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Von,

The files in config/lang are normally created by the developer. This is the place where you would place language files when you want to overrule the built in translation.

Did you perhaps create it your self ?

Dave

Nov 29, 2018 @ 13:32
    von

Hi Dave, yes that's how I understood it should work for the config/lang. As for the items that Umbraco should translate it should be in the umbraco/config/lang right? So I found the keys in the xml that is in that folder. It would help if I can upload a screenshot but the site is not allowing me to. Anyway, those keys (smallPublish and publish) are used on the Info tab in the History section.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Nov 29, 2018 @ 14:07
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Von,

Do you have perhaps set the language of the user to en-gb ? Than it will look in a different language file.

Dave

Nov 30, 2018 @ 04:15
    von

I already checked that and made sure the user's language is set to en-US

• M N 125 posts 212 karma points
    Nov 29, 2018 @ 21:25
    M N

For what it's worth, I ran into this going from 7.11 to 7.12 for all our sites. I raised it over here, near the end https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/93282-upgrade-from-711-to-712-fails

I have not been able to solve this either. Tons of translations don't work after moving to 7.12. I've tried everything, changing language in backoffice, blasted away the /umbraco/config lang folder with the latest, create new users etc. Nothing works.

For the time being I have lived with it.. I mean "[login_showPassword]" is not awesome on the login screen, but most others are in places that our users don't see that often anyway. Audit trail is a bit funky but at least you can still see who's edited what.

Nov 30, 2018 @ 04:19
    von

Thanks for sharing your experience M N. I already tried what you did, bumped ClientDependency, replaced the lang files with those from a fresh install of the same exact version, cleared the temp folder, checked the user language. But none helped.

• M N 125 posts 212 karma points
    Nov 30, 2018 @ 16:37
    M N

I feel your pain. Sebastiaan suggested a targetFramework (web config) above 4.5.2 can cause odd behavior.

Mine is "4.5" so I can't really validate that claim, but might be worth a look on your end?

Thanks for sharing, hopefully others speak up about this issue, as it has plagued all of our sites that have gone to 7.12.

The one thing that will work is going to the user area and changing all your users to United Kingdom. This is the en.xml file "en-GB" culture. For the most part, the language is identical, but timestamps throughout the backoffice will all be 24-hour, of course.

enter image description here

-Marc

Dec 03, 2018 @ 07:21
    von

Yes I checked it already and ours is using 4.5 as well. I tried changing to the UK language and it did work. However, the login page now shows the un-translated text. But everything else on the backoffice is translated. Though that is really not a solution as we do not want our users to be using the UK timestamp.

Thanks for sharing that M N.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft