Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• bh 408 posts 1395 karma points
    Nov 29, 2018 @ 18:24
    bh

My query is ignoring my != "past community" filter, and I'm not sure how to fix it.

var root = Model.Content.Site();
        var selection = root.Children.First(x => x.Name == "Multifamily").Children.Where(x => x.IsVisible()).Where(x => x.GetPropertyValue<Boolean>("communityDetailIsHidden") == false).Where(x => x.GetPropertyValue<String>("communityDetailStatus").ToString().ToLower() != "past community").DistinctBy(x => x.GetPropertyValue<string>("communityDetailState")).OrderBy(x => x.GetPropertyValue<string>("communityDetailState"));

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Nov 29, 2018 @ 19:48
    Nicholas Westby

Try inspecting the value with the debugger to see if it's actually returning "past community". If it's a drop down, it might be returning an integer prevalue that's associated with the text "past community" (or some other value you're not expecting).

• bh 408 posts 1395 karma points
    Nov 29, 2018 @ 20:01
    bh

Watched the value in the "watch" window and it's evaluating as a string. "past community" is the value shown for that parameter in the watch window.

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Nov 29, 2018 @ 23:33
    Nicholas Westby

I reformatted the code a bit to make it easier to read:

var root = Model.Content.Site();
    var selection = root
        .Children
        .First(x => x.Name == "Multifamily")
        .Children.Where(x => x.IsVisible())
        .Where(x => x.GetPropertyValue<Boolean>("communityDetailIsHidden") == false)
        // This is the line of interest.
        .Where(x => x.GetPropertyValue<String>("communityDetailStatus").ToString().ToLower() != "past community")
        .DistinctBy(x => x.GetPropertyValue<string>("communityDetailState"))
        .OrderBy(x => x.GetPropertyValue<string>("communityDetailState"));

Seems like that should work. How are you verifying that it does not work?

One thing to keep an eye on is the "past community" value (e.g., to ensure there are no leading or trailing spaces or other non-obvious characters, such as line breaks).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft