Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gary 80 posts 377 karma points
    Dec 02, 2018 @ 18:28
    Gary

Tag auto complete has stopped working

Hi,

I am currently developing a site in 7.12.4 and the tags has randomly stopped auto completing when entering a tag that already exists.

Can anyone help me understand why this has happened?

Kind Regards,

Gary Henshall

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Dec 02, 2018 @ 19:58
    Kevin Jump

Hi Gary,

I can't say i have seen that happen - I've just checked my v.7.12.4 install and it does work, so i don't think its a version thing.

I would have a look in your browser develoment tools, and see if there are any errors. - tags are loaded by a call to GetTags (umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/TagsData/GetTags?tagGroup=default)

enter image description here

this returns the tags (the group might change based on config) I would suspect you are either getting a conflit with another peice of javascript in the backend or if the call returns blank its a db thing.

Dec 02, 2018 @ 22:03
    Gary

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your response :)

After using your advice, i have found that there was in fact a response with the correct tag group and corresponding data.

However there seems to be a error in the console in regards to a "Invalid Dataset"

Error

enter image description here Is this something i may have done that is causing this?

Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards,

Gary

Dec 05, 2018 @ 10:39
    Gary

It seemed to be my naming conventions. I believe it was because i had spacing in my names... Changing it to "NewsTopic" rather than "News Topics" has seemed to work.

Thanks Kevin.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft