Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steve Smith 75 posts 158 karma points
    Dec 06, 2018 @ 08:42
    Steve Smith

Password reset emails - implications of setting umbracoApplicationUrl

Hi guys,

We have a multisite setup running on Azure. Had a strange incident yesterday where one of the back office users requested a password reset, and the link they received used a subdomain that we'd recently setup on a new branch of content for testing, and wasn't actually live yet.

They were logged in to the back office on www.domain.com/umbraco/, yet for some reason the password reset email used subdomain.domain.com/umbraco/

After some research, I found we can use the setting umbracoApplicationUrl in umbracoSettings.config to force Umbraco to always use a particular Url for referencing the back office/application.

If I set this to www.domain.com/umbraco/, then the password reset emails contain the correct domain - and everyone is happy.

However, I wondered if I could get some advice or feedback on what else in Umbraco uses umbracoApplicationUrl, and what the implications might be of hard coding it to a single Url?

Also - this does seem to be a bit of a bug that Umbraco can pick a subdomain almost at random for these emails?

Thanks,

Steve.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft