Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Dec 10, 2018 @ 15:00
    Craig100

Is the upgrade advice correct?

I'm upgrading tons of sites at the moment and it appears to me the the general upgrade advice here: https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Upgrading/general is at odds with the advice given on the readmeupgrade.txt file that's displayed at the end of the upgrade.

As advised, I've been selected "No to All" when the request to overwrite files appears during the upgrade. This leaves the /config/*.config and web.config files alone. The readmeupgrade.txt files suggests you should compare the config files with the backed up files in App_Data\NuGetBackup. However, these are exactly the same because I selected "No to All" for overwrite.

This means that to successfully merge the config files you have to download the version's zip file, expand it all somewhere and then compare the zip version config files to the existing (old) config files, adjust as necessary and save.

Just seems a bit of a faff. Shouldn't we really be saying "Yes to All" to overwrite the config files and then compare with the old App_Data\NuGetBackup one's? Thus saving the need to download and expand zip files?

Please advise.

Craig

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft