Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ishan Vyas 67 posts 198 karma points
    Dec 13, 2018 @ 10:01
    Ishan Vyas

hi there!!! i want something like this

1) in my articles page and articles list page that each article has an button for say an heart shaped one by clicking on it, that particular article will directly saved into the logged users profile page so can any one help me how can i carry out this thing.

2) how to use categories in the articles list page.means i want to filter the blogs according to the categories which the person will mention at the time of creating the article.

3) paging in my articles page

any help will be a great deal to me!!! thanx in advance. i am attaching an picture through which it will be clear all three doubts can be seen on that picture.enter image description here

umbraco version: 7.12.4

• Frans de Jong 548 posts 1840 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Dec 13, 2018 @ 10:41
    Frans de Jong

Hi Ishan,

1) I would add a Multi Node Tree Picker to the member type and add the node you like to that MNTP via a Umbraco api controller. https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/reference/routing/webapi/

2) If the filters are flexible I would go with tags. Put tags on the articles and for getting all the used tags you can loop through all the used tags in all the articles. Make sure this is cached somehow otherwise you will run into performance issues.

3) I made the simplest form of pagination for the starterkit. You can see the code here: https://github.com/umbraco/The-Starter-Kit/blob/master/src/Umbraco.SampleSite.Website/Views/MacroPartials/LatestBlogposts.cshtml

Frans

• Ishan Vyas 67 posts 198 karma points
    Dec 13, 2018 @ 11:02
    Ishan Vyas

hii Frans de jong

Thanks for the response. I am sill confused in first two solutions of what exactly i can do with it as i am not that much familiar and expert with umbraco. And the solution for the 3rd can i directly use it and is there any other ways without macro as i dont know anything about macros and partial view macro files.And also does that require anything to add in document types of the article, for paging and the category problem(2&3)? if so what property editors to use for both those things

• Frans de Jong 548 posts 1840 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Dec 13, 2018 @ 12:33
    Frans de Jong

For the pagination: If you are not that experienced I would advice you to do a new install and install the starter kit and look at the complete solution. You can see how it works in detail with the parameters in the macro.

For the liked articles: If you go to the members section you will see the Member Types in the tree. That is the definition of the member (a little like the documenttype)

If you add a MNTP there you can choose nodes. That's part of the solution for liking the articles. If you want to like the pages from the frontend you need to make a controller that you can call to add the current node to the current member MNTP. You need to make a controller for that.

For the filtering: You have to add tags propertytype to the article documenttype.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft