Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• andrew shearer 506 posts 653 karma points
    Dec 18, 2018 @ 21:01
    andrew shearer

preview in 7.7.8 not working

Clicking the preview button in Umbraco will open a new tab/window, but the loading animation will just sit there spinning forever and not actually finish loading the page.

However, the preview page will load for some content, but not others.

I see the following messages in the Chrome dev tools console, but these appear regardless of whether the preview page loads or not, so I’m not sure if they are strictly related:

jquery.min.js:3 The specified value "!" does not conform to the required format.  The format is "#rrggbb" where rr, gg, bb are two-digit hexadecimal numbers.  ca @ jquery.min.js:3

canvasdesigner.panel.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server. Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()

is this a known issue?

thanks

• Kieran O'Dwyer 4 posts 74 karma points
    Apr 12, 2019 @ 08:52
    Kieran O'Dwyer

I had a project that I inherited that was originally built in v6 and due to the small amount of doc types/pages, I decided to build a project 7.14 from fresh and just do a manual port of the site. Upon selecting preview, I had the same issue. It turns out that I had a jquery migrate script (specifically jquery-migrate-1.2.1.min.js) on my Layout page that was causing the issue and it was quite safe to remove for my project. Worked just fine after that.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft