Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• minesh shah 4 posts 84 karma points
    Dec 19, 2018 @ 11:28
    minesh shah

Firing Examine Events when Index Rebuilt

Hello All

When I publish a page my ExamineEvents are fired although when I manually rebuild the index they are not, any idea on how I can achieve the same functionality if the index was rebuilt ?

public class ExamineEvents : IApplicationEventHandler

{
        public void OnApplicationInitialized(UmbracoApplicationBase umbracoApplication, ApplicationContext applicationContext)
        {

}

public void OnApplicationStarting(UmbracoApplicationBase umbracoApplication, ApplicationContext applicationContext)
        {

}

public void OnApplicationStarted(UmbracoApplicationBase umbracoApplication, ApplicationContext applicationContext)
        {
            BaseIndexProvider externalIndexer = ExamineManager.Instance.IndexProviderCollection["ExternalIndexer"];

externalIndexer.GatheringNodeData += OnGatheringNodeData;
            WebApiConfig.Register(GlobalConfiguration.Configuration);
        }

private void OnGatheringNodeData(object sender, IndexingNodeDataEventArgs e)
        {
            // logging stuff
            //LogHelper.Info<IndexExtender>("Extending index node: IndexType={0}, Indexer={1}, NodeId={2}", () => e.IndexType, () => _indexer.Name, () => e.NodeId);
            try
            {
                // retrieve json array stored in the examine index field, which is configurated to index content property of 'uTaxonomy' 
                var locationsJson = e.Fields["category"];
                // deserialize raw json array to the list of strings
                var locationIds = JsonConvert.DeserializeObject<List<string>>(locationsJson);
                var locationNames = new List<string>();
                // iterate over the identifiers to retrieve taxonomy names
                foreach (var locId in locationIds)
                {
                    // "Locations Taxonomy" - Umbraco uTaxonomy data type
                    Taxonomy location = TaxonomyService.GetTaxonomyById("Taxonomy", locId);
                    locationNames.Add(location.ToString());
                }
                // produce a string containing location names separated by space to make it available for searching and put the string into the new examine field
                e.Fields["category_searcheable"] = string.Join(" ", locationNames);

// for now its possible to search by location name against "locations_searcheable" examine field 
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                // logging stuff
                //LogHelper.Error<IndexExtender>(string.Format("Extending index node failed: IndexType={0}, Indexer={1}, NodeId={2}", e.IndexType, _indexer.Name, e.NodeId), ex);
            }
        }

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft