Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew Berner 47 posts 327 karma points
    Dec 19, 2018 @ 17:38
    Matthew Berner

I did a manual update of Umbraco from 7.70 to 7.9 I thought I followed how to do it correctly. Then I got this error:

Method not found: 'Void Examine.ExamineManager.DisableDefaultHostingEnvironmentRegistration()'. 
      Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Examine.ExamineManager.DisableDefaultHostingEnvironmentRegistration()'.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 

[MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Examine.ExamineManager.DisableDefaultHostingEnvironmentRegistration()'.]
       Umbraco.Web.ExamineStartup.Initialize() +0
       Umbraco.Web.WebBootManager.Initialize() +87
       Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase.StartApplication(Object sender, EventArgs e) +263

[HttpException (0x80004005): Method not found: 'Void Examine.ExamineManager.DisableDefaultHostingEnvironmentRegistration()'.]
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +520
       System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +176
       System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +165
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +267
       System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +341

[HttpException (0x80004005): Method not found: 'Void Examine.ExamineManager.DisableDefaultHostingEnvironmentRegistration()'.]
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +523
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +107
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +688

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.3282.0 

How do I fix it? Thanks Matthew Berner

Dec 19, 2018 @ 17:40
    Matthew Berner

I looked online and could not find an answer. Only the answer I found was replacing Examine.dll UmbracoExamine.dll Lucerne.Net.dll Deleting the Temp Folder of Examine Indexes

Dec 19, 2018 @ 19:28
    Matthew Berner

I found the issue my DLL was wrong. Now my update has stalled on The update screen. When I do an upgrade to another version, do I need to change the version number in web config

• Thomas Beckert 193 posts 469 karma points
    Dec 20, 2018 @ 08:48
    Thomas Beckert

Hi, Matthew,

the version-number will change automatically, after successfull update.

Usual Update-Procedures are: 1. Stop your website in IIS 2. Copy the /bin, /umbraco, /umbraco_Client folder from the new version to your current. 3. Compare the web.config and all the files in the /config folder with e.g. Win Merge and insert / delete the coresponding lines. 4. Start you website in IIS and browse it. 5. process the update-procedure in your browser.

That's it.

If your browser hung - open the developer console and try again and have a look, if there are any error messages in the debug-console. Also activate the debug mode in your web.config to get more informations.

Jan 03, 2019 @ 19:01
    Matthew Berner

I was able to get to work locally and I migrated it to the server Thanks for the help

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft