Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon 3 posts 73 karma points
    Dec 22, 2018 @ 22:05
    Simon

Migrating from Local to Azure - Azure SQL Issues

I am migrating an Umbraco setup (Version 7.12.3) from my local machine to Azure.

I copied all of the deployed files from my local site, updated the connection string in the web.config, and duplicated my Umbraco DB from my local SQL server (SQLSERVER2014) to the SQL server on Azure.

The site compiles, but remains on the install screen. When I check the logs, I see the following errors: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'umbracoMigration

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'umbracoUser'.

It seems that Umbraco can access the DB (otherwise I would be getting a different error), but can't access the SQL tables.

On both my local DB and Azure, the table Schemas are set to "dbo". The SQL login that I am using also has "dbo" as the default schema.

Is my Azure SQL DB incorrectly configured? Am I missing a .config property or setting?

I would really appreciate help from any of the Umbraco gurus our there. This is my first venture into Umbraco, but I'm liking it so far, but as with all new things, sometimes the simplest things can be the most difficult and frustrating the first time around.

• John Bergman 483 posts 1132 karma points
    Dec 26, 2018 @ 20:32
    John Bergman

Are you using SQL Authentication? Make sure that that user can access the tables.. from your local SSMS, you should be able to connect to the database (depending on firewall rules) and log in as that user to verify the permissions are setup correctly.

• Simon 3 posts 73 karma points
    Jan 09, 2019 @ 13:17
    Simon

Thanks for the reply, John. Your questions helped guide me towards a solution.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft