Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew 25 posts 148 karma points
    Jan 03, 2019 @ 11:59
    Andrew

Hi guys,

Quite new to Umbraco so apologies if this doesn't make much sense!

I'm setting up some sites on the same Umbraco instance (Multiple Home pages for different sites etc.)

The reason is that many of the sites will be using the same content.

I'm trying to implement a shared content section on a site, so that nodes created in that section can be used under each of the homepages. Similar to this (https://vimeo.com/133958190) (25 minutes in).

I'm wondering if anyone has had experience of doing this before and can offer a little guidance into once you've set up the pages you need in the shared content area, how you connect these to each of the home pages, and then how you can set it up with regards to the URL's for each site etc.

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jan 04, 2019 @ 10:37
    Dan Diplo

The way I've done it is:

Have a folder parallel to your home pages (at root level) that acts as a repository for your shared content. This folder would be based on a doc type without a template. Within that folder allow instances of the shared content to be created (so a doc type with all the properties you require and again no template). Make the parent folder a List View if you have a lot of content).

Then on the pages where you want the shared content to appear use a MNTP (Multi Node Tree Picker) to select those shared content nodes and then render them out within the desired pages.

• Andrew 25 posts 148 karma points
    Apr 05, 2019 @ 09:29
    Andrew

Apologies for the late reply Dan, been working on another project but coming back to this, I followed what you said and seem to having working quite well now, thanks for your help :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft