Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dora Vouth 6 posts 97 karma points
    Jan 08, 2019 @ 12:52
    Dora Vouth

umbraco console app Access to the path '~/App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/InternalMember/' is denied

Hello,

I had to make changes to an umbraco console app see here which accesses the content of a v. 7.2.6 umbraco site.

In localhost the console works just fine. When I upload it to a test server I get in the logs the error: Access to the path '~/App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/InternalMember/' is denied caused by line: application.Start(application, new EventArgs());

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jan 08, 2019 @ 13:25
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Dora,

First thing that comes to mind is that the user running the console app doesn't have access to that folder.

Did you check that ?

Dave

Jan 08, 2019 @ 15:01
    Dora Vouth

Hi, thanks for your response,

So far I've tried to give full control to the IIS APPPOOL\identity to my site's path /AppData/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/InternalMember/ but I still get the exception. I've even given full control to everyone no only the site/appdata/temp/... but also to the folder's ~/AppData/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/InternalMember/ which somehow get created inside bin/Debug and bin/Release folders of the console app.

Jan 10, 2019 @ 15:26
    Dora Vouth

It was indeed a permissions problem with the user running the console through the task scheduler on right click ans run as admin the exception vanished.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft