Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sarah Marriott 2 posts 84 karma points
    Jan 08, 2019 @ 19:57
    Sarah Marriott

Displaying Nested content

Hi,

I am new to Umbraco and just building my first website using v7.12.4

I have become stuck trying to display nested content in my template. I have tried following the documentation here:https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Getting-Started/Backoffice/Property-Editors/Built-in-Property-Editors/Nested-Content

However I am getting the following error:

Compiler Error Message: CS1928: 'Umbraco.Web.Models.PartialViewMacroModel' does not contain a definition for 'GetPropertyValue' and the best extension method overload 'Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentExtensions.GetPropertyValue<T>(Umbraco.Core.Models.IPublishedContent, string)' has some invalid arguments

Error

Please see below an image of my document type

Nested Content

I have placed my code in a Partial View Macro File (I hope this is right) and can be seen here:

@using Umbraco.Web
    @inherits Umbraco.Web.Macros.PartialViewMacroPage
    @{
        var items = Model.GetPropertyValue<IEnumerable<IPublishedContent>>("ideaLinks");

foreach(var item in items)
        {
            <h3>@item.GetPropertyValue("title")</h3>
            @Umbraco.Field(item, "method")
        }
    }

Can anyone see where I may be going wrong?

I have scoured the net for a solution, but to no avail - it must be something simple!

Thanks!

Sarah

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jan 08, 2019 @ 20:58
    Søren Kottal

Hi Sarah

You don't have to place your code in a Partial View Macro File. You can put it in your document types template instead, or if you prefer a partial, a Partial View.

You need to inherit from UmbracoViewPage, to have the IPublishedContent in Model.

Also, I would advise against using @Umbraco.Field() for getting properties. Use Model.GetPropertyValue(), or ModelsBuilder.

• Sarah Marriott 2 posts 84 karma points
    Jan 08, 2019 @ 21:13
    Sarah Marriott

Hey Søren,

Thanks so much for the quick reply - I've put the code in a Partial View (i didn't know about those!) and added the inherits and it works!

Thanks again!

This forum is invaluable :)

Sarah

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft