Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rabea 34 posts 186 karma points
    Jan 10, 2019 @ 06:35
    Rabea

Description for Page title

I want to know if there is a way to display the description of title field in content pages that is added in document type

Description field

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 18, 2019 @ 22:35
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Rabea

The description of a document type will be displayed whenever an editor chooses the "Create" dialogue in the content tree and it will be displayed below the page name.

It will not be used for anything else - What usage do you have in mind exactly? Are you thinking for SEO purposes or for describing to the content editor what options they have on the specific document type that they're editing... Like an inline help tool?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

/Jan

Jan 23, 2019 @ 11:14
    Rabea

Hi Jan, Yes i want the user the content editor to get a description same way an editor will be able to see on document type, is there a way to achieve that

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 23, 2019 @ 13:37
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Rabea

The description you highlighted in the screendump form your original post will only work inside Umbraco and only has the purpose to let content editors know what they can be able to do when creating a certain document type - In short it describes the purpose of the document type.

In order to provide the content editors with some SEO field a common practice is to create a specific SEO tab for this where you can add fields for

• Page title
    • Meta description
    • Etc.

Then the editors can add whatever information in these fields as they like.

There also exists some 3rd party packages that you can install and use instead of rolling your own - I have not tried these myself though but a few interesting packages could be

I hope this helps :)

/Jan

Jan 24, 2019 @ 07:22
    Rabea

Thanks Jan, this is really helpful

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Jan 24, 2019 @ 08:01
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Rabea,

If you want to have a preview for Google and Social media as well and lots of more SEO options you might want to check out SEOChecker as well.

Best,

Richard

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft