Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Giacomo De Liberali 8 posts 78 karma points
    Jan 11, 2019 @ 15:05
    Giacomo De Liberali

Disable cache during development

During development using Visual Studio, each time I edit a view the changes do not reflect in Umbraco since it uses caching mechanisms. So every time I have to hit the save button (in the same view) in the backoffice in order to refresh the cache and see changes appearing. I tried to disable the flag in the umbracoSettings.config but, even after a clean rebuild, I still see the outdated views, so the flag seems to not influence the cache manager.

Here's an extract of my umbracoSettings.config:

<settings> <content> <XmlCacheEnabled>False</XmlCacheEnabled> </content> </settings>

How can I resolve this frustrating issue?

• Nik 1591 posts 7148 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jan 11, 2019 @ 15:10
    Nik

Hi Giacomo,

I'm not sure exactly on the issue you are having, but the cache you'd disabled is related to the content cache rather than any view caching that may be in place. The XML cache is a cache of the content you enter in Umbraco but doesn't contain any of your Partial view information.

Do you have something like Donut Caching, or are you using Html.CachedPartials (or another caching approach) ?

Nik

Jan 11, 2019 @ 15:12
    Giacomo De Liberali

No I'm not using any caching approach, just a fresh install with some basic document types and content. Does Umbraco use any caching for the views?

• Nik 1591 posts 7148 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jan 11, 2019 @ 15:23
    Nik

Hi Giacomo,

Not that I'm aware of. What sort of Visual Studio project are you using? is it a Website Project or a Web Application project?

Nik

Jan 11, 2019 @ 16:49
    Giacomo De Liberali

It should be a Website Project, generated from the UaaS-cmd

• Matthew Wise 271 posts 1373 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jan 11, 2019 @ 15:28
    Matthew Wise

Hi,

Are you running in debug?

If not and you are using cached partials or macros that could be the cause.

Also do you have output cache enabled? If so set it to false

<system.web>        
        <caching>
            <outputCache enableOutputCache="true"  />
        </caching>
    </system.web>

Matt

Jan 11, 2019 @ 16:54
    Giacomo De Liberali

Yes, I've tried also in debug but the issue remains. I'm not using cached partials, indeed this problem occurs also in regular templates.

I haven't the output cache enabled (it was missing in the web config). Also putting it to false does not change the behaviour.

It's the fresh solution generated by the Uaas, since I'm using Umbraco Cloud.

I'm working in a virtual machine over Parallels if it could help to investigate the scenario.

Jan 14, 2019 @ 11:58
    Giacomo De Liberali

Any further suggestion? The problem isn't solved yet :(

Maybe I can try to clone the project to remove cache folders. I will let you know

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft