Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael A Valente 1 post 71 karma points
    Jan 15, 2019 @ 22:15
    Michael A Valente

Azure Deployment returns Server Error in '/' Application - Help?

I am attempting to deploy an Umbraco 7 website to an Azure server that I developed locally in Visual Studio. I used Visual Studio to publish the site to Azure and it seemed to work. However when I attempt to access the website I get a Compilation Error.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Compilation Error 
    Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. 

Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'createsend_dotnet' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 2:  using System.Collections.Generic;
    Line 3:  using System.Web.Mvc;
    Line 4:  using createsend_dotnet;  -- This is the line that threw the error.
    Line 5:  using USNStarterKit.USNModels;
    Line 6:  using Umbraco.Web;

Source File: d:\home\site\wwwroot\App_Code\USNControllers\USNNewsletterSignupSurfaceController.cs    Line: 4

Does this issue seem familiar to anyone? I have searched around but have been unable to find anything. Please let me know if you have any ideas or questions!

Michael Valente

• David Challener 80 posts 444 karma points c-trib
    Jan 29, 2019 @ 09:03
    David Challener

Hi Michael,

The error is saying that it is missing the binary for createsend_dotnet. This looks like it is in the library for campaign monitor for sending emails https://github.com/campaignmonitor/createsend-dotnet

Make sure you're deploying this dll to Azure.

Many thanks, David

• David Challener 80 posts 444 karma points c-trib
    Feb 12, 2019 @ 23:58
    David Challener

Hi Michael,

Did you manage to get this resolved?

Many thanks,

David

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft