Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Joep 96 posts 698 karma points
    Jan 16, 2019 @ 14:16
    Joep

Why is there no permissions to unpublish?

Hey,

So since umbraco patch 7.11 they fixed the "bug" that if you had the permission to publish the button to unpublish would also show. But it seems that in umbraco you can't give a group permission to unpublish? I know you can work around this , but I am just wondering if this is by design?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Joep

• Ben McKean 272 posts 549 karma points
    Jan 22, 2019 @ 15:21
    Ben McKean

I have noticed this issue to, only admin users can unpublish!

Did you find out why or this was a bug?

• Ben McKean 272 posts 549 karma points
    Jan 22, 2019 @ 15:37
    Ben McKean

I think this is a bug but when I gave the user "Audit Trail" they could then unpublish.

• Bryna 73 posts 259 karma points
    Jan 22, 2019 @ 19:38
    Bryna

I was looking over the permissions for groups, and had a related question. Is there a difference between unpublishing content and rolling back changes to a node?

Jan 23, 2019 @ 08:25
    Joep

What do you mean exactly? permissions or the functionality?

• Bryna 73 posts 259 karma points
    Jan 23, 2019 @ 15:30
    Bryna

Technically both, but I am under the assumption that the functionality[unpublish] is dependent upon the permission(s)[Rollback] that are set.

In the interface, one gets to where I am talking by going to users > groups and then selecting a group(editors for the sake of example). Under default permissions there is a checkbox for rollback. Does ticking that box mean that that group will have access to the unpublish functionality?

Jan 23, 2019 @ 16:07
    Joep

If you have the permission to rollback. You don't get the permissions to publish or unpublish. You can only save the content you rolled back.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft