Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Wimbridge 6 posts 76 karma points
    Jan 16, 2019 @ 17:12
    Richard Wimbridge

Cant use create on parent to create child nodes unless Section settings is added

I have a strange problem where a user i have created should have permission to create a child node but when i log in as this user and right click create I get a null reference message. If i enable the Settings section for this group of users then it allows the user to create. The problem is i don't want them to have access to the settings section.

Clicking create for my child node

null reference error on clicking create child node

• Matt Barlow | jacker.io 164 posts 740 karma points c-trib
    Jan 16, 2019 @ 23:35
    Matt Barlow | jacker.io

Sounds like you have some sort of content picker in your "Solution Tile" that requires access to your settings section.

Can you post your Solution tile doctype definition and also the data type definitions for any pickers that access settings? You might have to change your pickers to use xpath.

Also what exact version of Umbraco are you using?

Jan 17, 2019 @ 09:07
    Richard Wimbridge

Hi am using Versions 7.13.0 I used to be able to do the same thing with the same content pickers in my previous 7.7.6 version by just setting the user to editor but that does not work anymore.

The doctype data is just textstring a media picker and rich text editor.

Here is the tile choice doctype definition

Doctype definition for tile choice

• Paul Wright (suedeapple) 277 posts 704 karma points
    Jan 17, 2019 @ 10:01
    Jan 17, 2019 @ 10:53
    Richard Wimbridge

ok thanks i will try that, not had much luck yet though as upgrading using nuget to 7.13.1 breaks the project as it sais it installs 7.13.1 and uninstalls 7.13.0 but all it is doing is uninstalling my 7.13.0.

i am trying a manual upgrade shortly

• Paul Wright (suedeapple) 277 posts 704 karma points
    Jan 17, 2019 @ 14:34
    Paul Wright (suedeapple)

I think the upgrade, just changes a few of the pre-compliled DLLS in the /bin folder, and the main angular controller file. (do a quick winmerge, and all will come clear)

So you might be able to copy/paste these in manually, or just wait until nuget allows you to upgrade via its usual methods.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft