Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bal 10 posts 100 karma points
    Jan 18, 2019 @ 15:14
    Bal

umbraco training courses

Hello,

We have a new Umbraco website developed by an external agency. We now need some training so we can administer and maintain the website but also to exploit Umbraco further. Does anyone know if there are any classroom courses held in the Midlands? I've looked at https://umbraco.com/training/ and all the courses appear to be online.

Many thanks, Bal

• Richard Eyres 98 posts 580 karma points
    Jan 18, 2019 @ 19:30
    Richard Eyres

Hello

I have not seen any in the midlands (i am also based there).

There have been sessions in London/Manchester in the past, and they will appear on the page you have specified.

If you need something specific, i am sure you can contact the support team at Umbraco for further guidance.

Jan 21, 2019 @ 16:19
    Bal

Hello Richard, thanks for your reply. The courses for Manchester seem few and far in between. Being new to Umbraco I guess we would have to start off with Fundamentals but I can't even see one on the list for this year other than online ones. Yes, I suppose we could contact Support.

• Steve Morgan 1345 posts 4452 karma points c-trib
    Jan 21, 2019 @ 16:21
    Steve Morgan

Bal

The courses are well worth the effort - they have taken place in Birmingham before. How many staff do you have? If you contact Umbraco you might find it worth their while to create some dates for you.

Steve

Jan 21, 2019 @ 16:28
    Bal

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your reply. There are four of us. Management are looking for training providers locally where we could attend a classroom course. I've looked online and I can't find anyone. Thanks for your suggestion of contacting Umbraco to create dates for us, I shall put this forward to management. Many thanks

Bal

• Steve Morgan 1345 posts 4452 karma points c-trib
    Jan 21, 2019 @ 16:40
    Steve Morgan

I'd recommend the official courses if you can wait - I found them excellent.

I speak as someone that has had to train IT staff on Umbraco overviews (unofficially) before too so I'm totally not biased!

Steve

• Andrew Barta 8 posts 101 karma points
    Mar 22, 2019 @ 17:17
    Andrew Barta

Hey Bal,

My name is Andrew, I am the training lead at Umbraco.

The reason for less classroom/in-person courses is that we are moving to a online oriented format for the ease of attendees not having to travel and hassle with planes/trains/hotels/etc.

I would suggest the EU timezone online courses as they are the same format as the classroom/in-person trainings, without the hassle of having to leave your desk!

With that said we still do offer a flat rate for onsite training if your team is interested in that please email me (andrew at umbraco.com) or visit the following page for more information: https://umbraco.com/training/on-site-training/

@Steve, thank you for your kind words and high recommendation of the official courses!

Best, Andrew

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft