Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sam Reynolds 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jan 21, 2019 @ 16:53
    Sam Reynolds

Moving/Copying a site between development and live environments

Hi,

Apologies if this has been resolved elsewhere but I couldn't find a thread. We are developing a web element to our MIS system, part of this is to integrate it with Umbraco so that our APIs can be used by Umbraco.

We have over 50 clients who will take this into a development environment to customise for their local needs, once finalised they will need to copy/move this into a live environment.

Whats the best advice for doing this? We have done initial research on Courier but the cost makes this quite prohibitive for our education based clients.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

• Harry Spyrou 212 posts 604 karma points
    Jan 21, 2019 @ 17:37
    Harry Spyrou

Why not use Umbraco Cloud for that?

I mean, if I'm correct it's 25 euros per month and it contains Deploy. Which is the next courier step.

• Sam Reynolds 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jan 22, 2019 @ 09:33
    Sam Reynolds

Thanks,

However each client will have a local installation, we just deliver the intial product they then use the local installation to do the amending.

As such I am not sure that the cloud offering will be a solution.

• Harry Spyrou 212 posts 604 karma points
    Jan 22, 2019 @ 09:53
    Harry Spyrou

I think Umbraco Cloud would be a solution in this case as I think it allows you to develop your website locally and then make it live, but if you don't like this option:

https://our.umbraco.com/packages/developer-tools/usync/

uSync will push your changes to other environments. It's slightly more manual than Courier or Deploy, but will get the job done. It will push everyhing apart from Content. For Content, there's this:

https://our.umbraco.com/packages/developer-tools/usynccontentedition/

• louisjrdev 107 posts 344 karma points c-trib
    Jan 22, 2019 @ 10:51
    louisjrdev

However, it should be noted that uSync is not intended as a deployment tool

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft