Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Buzzi 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jan 22, 2019 @ 02:18
    Buzzi

Umbraco/Xamarin app very slow

Hi there, we've just (let) develop an hybrid app based on Umbraco and Xamarin. It's unfortunately very slow, but the developer has no more ideas to speed it up. Anyone here an idea to speed it up? Thanks

• Alexander Croner 71 posts 282 karma points
    Jan 22, 2019 @ 07:54
    Alexander Croner

Hehe this is a VERY broad question.

We have no idea how it is built or what it is doing.

"Slow" is also a very broad term.

You'd have to give alot more information for us to even give you a random guess. Right now it could be ANYTHING that makes it slow...

• Buzzi 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jan 22, 2019 @ 21:47
    Buzzi

Hi Alexander, I am ABSOLUTELY aware of that. ;) Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Umbraco and Xamarin. I hoped for an easy reply like i.e. "a common issue is ...." or "Why have you used Xamarin?" or "First of all you need to check, if ...." :) The app contains folders with internal and external links. testmysite.thinkwithgoogle.com delivers times between 4s to 30s to open the pages, doesn't matter if it's an internal or external link.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 23, 2019 @ 13:26
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Buzzi

Have you had some developers setup the app? In that case it's probably better to ask them / let them know that you're experiencing some slow load times since it's really hard to provide some pointers without knowing more about how your app is setup and how the code behind it is put together etc.

I don't know if you have access to the log file somehow but if you do perhaps it could reveal some clues that would be worth investigating further.

Is Umbraco the only data source for the app or are there some external API's being called? Unfortunately I'm not an app developer myself so I'm not sure about how the interface is build but I'm wondering if some of the data calls could be slow for some reason...

It's not much but hopefully it's enough to get you started?

/Jan

• John Bergman 483 posts 1132 karma points
    Jan 23, 2019 @ 17:32
    John Bergman

While I don't use Xamarin, we do have apps connecting to umbraco hosting an API. What aspect do you see has being slow; and when is it slow?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft