Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gitte 7 posts 96 karma points
    Jan 22, 2019 @ 09:23
    Gitte

Hi guys.

Would you know how to add a favicon to my site? It's not possible to add it the the root. I see the site already has a favicon, but I dont know how to change it, and I can't find the original photo in media.

Thx, Gitte from Denmark.

• Harry Spyrou 212 posts 604 karma points
    Jan 22, 2019 @ 09:56
    Harry Spyrou

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18301745/how-to-set-up-a-favicon

It's no different for Umbraco.

Why is it not possible to add it to the root?

Jan 22, 2019 @ 14:36
    Gitte

I'm working on the site with no access to the server itself. Only through the Umbraco system, which doesn't allow putting a photo in the root (under DK page)

Umbraco

• Harry Spyrou 212 posts 604 karma points
    Jan 22, 2019 @ 14:39
    Harry Spyrou

Hi Gitte,

This is not a content editor's job in general, but I see you're looking into Umbraco.

Someone else can correct me but I don't think it's doable like this unless the devs have implemented a way for you to do that (maybe a textarea where you can put in html and a media picker for the actual file?)

I don't think it's doable like this though.

Feels like you need to talk to the devs to get some answers. There needs to be a favicon in the root of the folder structure on the server (not in Umbraco) and if that exists, a media picker that you get to pick the icon media folder.

Jan 22, 2019 @ 14:48
    Gitte

I have a feeling you are very right. :-(

• Jeroen Oostwouder 100 posts 296 karma points
    Oct 26, 2022 @ 09:23
    Jeroen Oostwouder

Just kicking up an old post, for future-readers I guess :)

Looking at the screenshot, you've got access to the developer settings and the templates.

You could upload an image (svg or something) to the media.

In your masterpage, you can add the following tag in the , with a link to the uploaded media: (from the given stack overflow example)

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="[MEDIA_URL]" type="image/x-icon" />

How you get the media-url is up to you. You can either hardcode it, or make a field on a page somewhere. We have a "settings" node, where we have a mediapicker for this image.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft