Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
i'm running umbraco 7.13.1 with imageprocessor and imageprocessor.web nuget packages updated to v184.108.40.206 and v220.127.116.11 respectively.
i'm also using FileSystemProviders.Azure (v1.0.3) to get all the media items into Azure blob storage.
the issue i'm having is that the crop urls are generated but when i visit them i get the original sized image and not a crop. there's also nothing in the ~/app_data/cache folder being generated (that's where the crops normally live).
here's an example url
there are no errors in the log file either
can anybody help?
Is this a fresh installation of 7.13.1 or have you been doing an upgrade? If it's an upgraded install, what version did you upgrade from?
Also what does your code for calling the image cropper look like in your view? I have just skimmed the issue tracker and I have not seen any reported bugs about this issue and I imagine that if there was a bug it would have been reported by now - We have some upgraded sites where I have not heard about any issues using the cropper. But it's not some sites I have been working on myself so I don't know if it might be because people have simply just not noticed...
Looking forward to hearing from you!
i upgraded from 7.12.3.
i just installed a fresh copy of 7.13.1 and while i didn't check with filesystemproviders.azure installed it seems to crop as expected.
in my actual project though, the cache folder doesn't even have any entries. i just changed back to the default filesystemprovider and it still doesn't crop.
i'm using pretty standard code to get the crop url:
var mItem = Umbraco.TypedMedia(5498);
var cropUrl = mItem.GetCropUrl("shipGallery");
Ok, so it's most likely something with the upgrade - I'll see if I can reproduce this issue of yours later tonight.
Just some further questions - 7.12.3 was the initial version number, right? I mean you have not previously upgraded the site before ending on 7.12.3?
The upgrade you did - Was it done using Nuget or manually? I have not checked if there was any notes about something one needed to be aware of and do manually after the upgrade, which could be the cause maybe? Some config's being overriden, which should not?
Anyway I'll try doing a fresh 7.12.3 and see what happens when I upgrade to 7.13.1.
yes Jan 7.12.3 was the initial version. i upgraded using nuget and am also not aware of any manual editing that needed to be done after upgrading.
ok so in my new 7.13.1 i pointed the connection string to my project db and installed the azure provider. it doesn't crop.
if i change the filesystemprovider back to default it crops.
Hmm, ok - Then I'm afraid I'm not able to try and help you out any further since I'm not any good with Azure unfortunately. But at least you have made some progress - Now it's a matter of figuring out why it does not work with the azure provider. Wish I could provide more input - Fingers crossed that you manage to figure it out :-)
if anybody else here has any experience please share
after downloading the imageprocessor source code and stepping through the ImageProcessingModule.cs i've found that image processor couldn't download the image from azure because the "secure transfer required" setting was enabled (by default) in my storage account and imageprocessor was trying to access the image via HTTP and not HTTPS (probably because i was browsing the site in HTTP).
i've disabled "secure transfer required" in my storage account configuration and cropping now works.
hope this helps somebody
Really happy to see you figured out the issue Simon :-) And thank you for sharing the solution - I'm sure it will be useful to someone at some point. H5YR!
It was :D
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted