Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Faiz 2 posts 82 karma points
    Jan 24, 2019 @ 07:21
    Faiz

Getting this error while installing Ucommerce : Unable to index into an object of type System.Xml.XPathNodeList

Hi Guys,

I am getting error while installing Ucommerce. first of all see what steps I have folllowed:

Step 1: Took and empty project (4.7 framework) in visual studio 2015.

Step 2: Installed Umbraco by the nuget-cli (Install-Package UmbracoCms)

Step 3: Tried to install Ucommerce under Umbraco project by the nuget-cli (Install-Package uCommerce.Umbraco7)

But ..

I am getting the following error:

Unable to index into an object of type System.Xml.XPathNodeList.
    At C:\Users\Hey\documents\visual studio 2015\Projects\UKart\packages\uCommerce.Umbraco7.8.0.0.18352\tools\install.ps1:59 char:129
    +     $perRequestLifestyleHttpModulesElement = $webConfig.SelectNodes("//system.web//httpModules//add[@name='PerRequestLifestyle']")[<<<< 0]
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (0:Int32) [], RuntimeException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CannotIndex

• David Kelemen 8 posts 99 karma points
    Jan 28, 2019 @ 11:05
    David Kelemen

Hi Faiz,

I just installed Ucommerce 8 with Umbraco 7.13.1 through NuGet and it is working like a charm here.

Here are a few things that were either different between my process and yours, or that I can think of that could go wrong:

• I'm using Visual Studio 2017 as opposed to your 2015. This might be an issue.

• I am running Visual Studio with administrator priviledges. This might be a requirement for web.config to be correctly modified during installation.

• I used the nuget package manager as opposed to the CLI. There should be no differences here but I thought I'd mention it.

• Make sure that after you install the Umbracocms package, you build the solution and set umbraco up with a user and database. Only then install the Ucommerce.Umbraco7 nuget package (and of course build the sln after the installation is complete).

If none of the above help, let me know and I can perhaps run a test using VS2015.

Regards, David - Ucommerce.

• Faiz 2 posts 82 karma points
    Jan 29, 2019 @ 06:13
    Faiz

Hi David,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Your solution worked. Thanks alot.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft