Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brett Spencer 88 posts 259 karma points
    Feb 06, 2019 @ 15:55
    Brett Spencer

Urls not relative to new site on copy.

Specifically: Content picker inside Nested Content keeps the original content [url] from the copied site.

It seem to me that the urls should be relative the new site, not the copied site.

Any insight on this? Bug? Real example of url pointing to old, copied site.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 06, 2019 @ 16:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Brett

I don't think this is a bug - I think it's expected behaviour since you make a copy of the site the selected content will still reference the page that exists on the page that you copied it from.

It would be nice if it could automatically detect and correct the reference but what if you copied just one page from one site root to another and the root it's copied to does not contain the "Signin" page... then it would not work. I mean it's no guarantee that sites will always be copied 1 to 1 and when something has been selected in the picker the id/udi for that selected node is what is being stored and that will be kept when doing the copy.

I hope this helps :-)

/Jan

• Brett Spencer 88 posts 259 karma points
    Feb 06, 2019 @ 18:18
    Brett Spencer

Hi Jan. I thank you for your reply.

It's strange behavior that some references change and some don't.

It sounds like you are saying that this is the intended behavior.

If I ever had time, I would love contribute and possibly add an extra control during the copy stage to say something like - "change all page references to local"

Personally, I would rather an error be thrown because the page id is broken than the editors believing the setup is fine and data going to the wrong website. To me this is much more dangerous.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft