Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alex 8 posts 88 karma points
    Feb 07, 2019 @ 11:50
    Alex

Child pages without changing slug

Is it possible to group pages in the back office without adding making the slug longer?

E.g. currently under home I have /landing-page/

And as I create more I want to keep them together without having

/landing-pages/landing-page/

Does anyone know of a good way of managing this?

• Chris Norwood 131 posts 642 karma points
    Feb 07, 2019 @ 11:56
    Chris Norwood

I think you have to have a separate node so the default slug will always be longer, but you can add a special field to your document type that lets you specify a list of alternative URLs as a comma separated list.

The field has to be called Umbraco Url Alias (generates a field called umbracoUrlAlias) and you enter the alternative URLs as a comma separate list, e.g. for above if you enter lp, lp1 then

/landimg-pages/lp

and

/landing-pages/lp1

will both point to that document (as well as the default landing-page slug).

Not sure how easy this is to manage (you can easily generate conflicts), but it is automatic and built into Umbraco.

Feb 07, 2019 @ 15:12
    Alex

Awesome, thanks Chris.

Its a shame about the separate node though.

• louisjrdev 107 posts 344 karma points c-trib
    Feb 07, 2019 @ 17:07
    louisjrdev

You could set up a folder doctype to group nodes and then have the child nodes use the umbracoUrlAlias that is the url of that page minus the url of the parent page (the folder)

Feb 08, 2019 @ 08:41
    Alex

Brilliant - Not sure how I didn't come to that conclusion myself following Chris' reply.

Thanks both!

• Yakov Lebski 539 posts 2101 karma points
    Feb 08, 2019 @ 10:25
    Yakov Lebski

I think using umbracoUrlAlias can create multiple url for the same page. I'm using this package to remove folders from URL - "Omit Segments" Url Provider

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft