Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jennyfer 13 posts 126 karma points notactivated
    Feb 07, 2019 @ 13:19
    Jennyfer

Upgrade from v7.10.4 to v7.13.2 caused an error in publish

Hello everyone!

I upgraded the Umbraco CMS in Visual Studio 2017 to latest as of date (v.7.13.2) by typing "Update-Package UmbracoCms" in Package Manager Console. Upgrade went ok with some yellow highlights (I assumed not that important)

Build is ok and was able to launch UI normally, but when I try to publish I am getting a "Could not load type 'umbraco.dialogs.notifications'" error. I tired to exclude notifications.aspx in Umbraco/Dialogs but had another issue with Umbraco/Settings/EditDictionaryItem.aspx : "Could not load 'umbraco.settings.EditDictionary'" I exclude that aspx and the project successfully publish.

Any issue with me excluding the 2 files? Were they gone obsolete or something?

I am pretty sure the error was caused by the upgrade because prior to doing it, I was still able to publish the Umbraco web app successfully.

Please let me know how to resolve this or if any of you have an idea why it happened. This is my first time upgrading an Umbraco project so any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance!

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 02, 2019 @ 12:40
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Jennyfer

Did you solve this issue? I'm struggling with a similar one.

Thanks,

Alex

• Jennyfer 13 posts 126 karma points notactivated
    Apr 02, 2019 @ 20:59
    Jennyfer

Hi Alex,

From what I remember, I just exclude the files causing error in publish. So far it works ok.

One thing I noticed is that for installed packages you may need to reinstall it once deployed to the production server, at least that was my experience.

Thanks and Best Regards, Jenny

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 02, 2019 @ 22:44
    Alex Skrypnyk

Jennyfer, thanks for sharing a solution with our community.

Chris, you are right, it's the right approach, do you think that this file is outdated?

Have a great evening.

• Chris Evans 137 posts 353 karma points c-trib
    Apr 02, 2019 @ 19:58
    Chris Evans

If your Visual Studio project is set up with Umbraco as a Nuget package (which is a great way to manage it) then you should probably exclude the entire Umbraco and Umbraco_Client folders from your project, and from source control too.

They will get loaded in automatically by Nuget when required and it will ensure that you always have the latest and most up to date files in those folders for the version you're running.

If you have those folders included in your project and source control then it's possible that you'll still have old files in there from a previous version which can cause unpredictable issues.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft