Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Conor 2 posts 72 karma points
    Feb 08, 2019 @ 10:03
    Conor

Hi there,

I'm working for an SEO agency and we are doing work for a client to create and optimise meta descriptions for their site. The CMS was configured by one of their developers and includes a tab devoted to SEO, including options for meta titles, noindex tags, indicating canonical URLs as well as meta descriptions.

With the other sections they are sent to live correctly but the meta descriptions won't show in any crawls or SERPs.

Anyone know anything about this, or is does it just sound like the developer who configured the SEO tab hasn't done it correctly?

Apologies if this sounds silly, first time I've ever used this CMS.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Feb 08, 2019 @ 10:29
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Conor

I think there is some issue with razor code of the view that renders the pages.

Can you try to find a SEO metadata view that renders the metatags and show here? we will find the issue together.

Thanks,

Alex

• Conor 2 posts 72 karma points
    Feb 08, 2019 @ 10:38
    Conor

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the response. Here is the options it gives me to input the data:

enter image description here

So when I enter the meta descrption into the accompanying box and deploy the changes it appears to be saved and deployed, but any crawl I do of the site shows that there are no meta descriptions entered, and they don't appear in the HTML source code. I think it may be an error in how the SEO tab was configured by the developer originally, but figured I'd try my luck here in case it was something I was doing wrong.

Thanks

Feb 08, 2019 @ 12:27
    Alex Skrypnyk

Conor, do you have access to the code of the site?

Feb 25, 2019 @ 16:16
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Conor

Did you find a solution for this topic? Can you share with our community?

Alex

• DavidS24 3 posts 73 karma points
    Apr 10, 2019 @ 09:44
    DavidS24

If you use a CMS for the site (for example, WordPress), then you can change meta tags using special plugins.

In my practice, I use the Yoast SEO plugin and seo tool for technical website monitoring https://sitechecker.pro/website-monitoring/, where each page has its own meta tags settings.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft