Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alex T 8 posts 88 karma points
    Feb 08, 2019 @ 13:08
    Alex T

Intellisense in Visual Studio without restarting every time (and intellisense for Macros)

From my (very limited) understanding, I need to "include in project" all Model and View files generated by Umbraco in order to get intellisense. But I'm currently unable to do this while Umbraco is running through Visual Studio ("include in project" is greyed out). I have to stop, include in project, and then press F5 again.

In an ideal world I would just do the following:

1) Create or modify a Document Type using the Umbraco UI

2) Switch over to Visual Studio and immediately start modifying the template with Intellisense autocompleting the fields when I type "@Model.Content..."

Is that possible?

And a bonus question: the tutorial taught me to do things like:

@Umbraco.Field("pageTitle")

I gather that this has now been replaced by the ModelsBuilder so I can do this instead:

@Model.Content.PageTitle

This seems like a great improvement. Is there an equivalent for:

@Umbraco.RenderMacro("listArticles")

?

Thanks!

• louisjrdev 107 posts 344 karma points c-trib
    Feb 08, 2019 @ 14:29
    louisjrdev

I think the best solutuon would be to not run your site via IIS Express (in Visual Studio) and to rather set up the site with full IIS, this will allow you to edit templates and include files without having to stop and restart every time.

i recommend something like this guide here: http://www.paulrgriffiths.co.uk/blog/installing-umbraco-7-part-3-setting-up-iis-file-permissions/

• Alex T 8 posts 88 karma points
    Feb 11, 2019 @ 10:24
    Alex T

Ok thanks, that makes sense.

I loved how easy it was to get up and running with Visual Studio, but I guess I need to bite the bullet and set everything up from scratch.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft