Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Sjoerd Stottelaar 26 posts 181 karma points
    Feb 08, 2019 @ 15:49
    Sjoerd Stottelaar
    0

    Missing Culture Bug in Back-Office

    Hi There,

    I'm experiencing a bug in the back-office that happens when I want to sort nodes in the content tree and when viewing a list view in the back-office. The error message is giving me this:

     Error mapping types.
    
     Mapping types:
     IContent -> ContentItemBasic`1
     Umbraco.Core.Models.IContent -> Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.ContentItemBasic`1[[Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.ContentPropertyBasic, Umbraco.Web, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]]
    
     Type Map configuration:
     IContent -> ContentItemBasic`1
     Umbraco.Core.Models.IContent -> Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.ContentItemBasic`1[[Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.ContentPropertyBasic, Umbraco.Web, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]]
    
     Property:
     UpdateDate
    

    And

    System.InvalidOperationException: Missing culture in mapping options.
    

    I've researched a little bit and found a Github issue from a while back. I currently use version 8.0.0-alpha.58.2084 and it's still happening. Does anyone know a workaround or a way to fix this issue?

    Much appreciated!

  • Sjoerd Stottelaar 26 posts 181 karma points
    Feb 11, 2019 @ 11:01
    Sjoerd Stottelaar
    100

    After some debugging, I found that the solution is to add a second language. In my case, the default language was set to en-US and I've added "Allow varying by culture" to all my property editors. Once I've added a second language in the back-office the bug with sorting was fixed.

    This still remains a bug in the current build (8.0.0-alpha.58.2084), so I hope this will be fixed in an upcoming release.

  • Thomas 215 posts 484 karma points c-trib
    Mar 31, 2020 @ 07:34
    Thomas
    0

    Still getting the error in Umbraco 8.5.5

    I have two language added.

    Adding a fallback to the second language looks like it fixed enter image description here

  • Jörg 9 posts 90 karma points
    Apr 22, 2020 @ 12:29
    Jörg
    0

    The issue is still there in 8.6.1.

    I am getting it often after having edited and saved&published a multi-language variant element ("Staff Member") in an element collection.

    I have 6 languages, each has a fallback language defined (except English, which is the fallback for the other 5).

    enter image description here

  • Andrew Nefedkin 1 post 22 karma points
    Jan 18, 2021 @ 19:10
    Andrew Nefedkin
    1

    Clearing all caches helped me.

  • Marc Goodson 1493 posts 9986 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Feb 18, 2021 @ 09:07
    Marc Goodson
    0

    Going to the direct backoffice Url of an item in the ListView, and republishing that item - fixed it for me!

  • ivan 11 posts 61 karma points
    20 days ago
    ivan
    0

    This works on me!

    Thanks Marc!

  • Dirk De Grave 4537 posts 6007 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Mar 01, 2021 @ 08:43
    Dirk De Grave
    0

    issue still pops up in v8.11.1, Marc's suggestion to publish the items in the listview fixes it indeed (although not really a solution if you have zillion of items, luckily only have 3 on local development machine)

    don't know if it adds more complexity to the issue, but 2 of 3 items in my local listview still had some mandatory properties not yet set (because of evolutive development of adding extra properties). Once those set and re-published, all back to normal again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft