Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sjoerd Stottelaar 31 posts 189 karma points
    Feb 08, 2019 @ 15:49
    Sjoerd Stottelaar

Missing Culture Bug in Back-Office

Hi There,

I'm experiencing a bug in the back-office that happens when I want to sort nodes in the content tree and when viewing a list view in the back-office. The error message is giving me this:

Error mapping types.

Mapping types:
     IContent -> ContentItemBasic`1
     Umbraco.Core.Models.IContent -> Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.ContentItemBasic`1[[Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.ContentPropertyBasic, Umbraco.Web, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]]

Type Map configuration:
     IContent -> ContentItemBasic`1
     Umbraco.Core.Models.IContent -> Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.ContentItemBasic`1[[Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.ContentPropertyBasic, Umbraco.Web, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]]

Property:
     UpdateDate

And

System.InvalidOperationException: Missing culture in mapping options.

I've researched a little bit and found a Github issue from a while back. I currently use version 8.0.0-alpha.58.2084 and it's still happening. Does anyone know a workaround or a way to fix this issue?

Much appreciated!

• Sjoerd Stottelaar 31 posts 189 karma points
    Feb 11, 2019 @ 11:01
    Sjoerd Stottelaar

After some debugging, I found that the solution is to add a second language. In my case, the default language was set to en-US and I've added "Allow varying by culture" to all my property editors. Once I've added a second language in the back-office the bug with sorting was fixed.

This still remains a bug in the current build (8.0.0-alpha.58.2084), so I hope this will be fixed in an upcoming release.

• Thomas 315 posts 602 karma points c-trib
    Mar 31, 2020 @ 07:34
    Thomas

Still getting the error in Umbraco 8.5.5

I have two language added.

Adding a fallback to the second language looks like it fixed enter image description here

• Jörg 9 posts 90 karma points
    Apr 22, 2020 @ 12:29
    Jörg

The issue is still there in 8.6.1.

I am getting it often after having edited and saved&published a multi-language variant element ("Staff Member") in an element collection.

I have 6 languages, each has a fallback language defined (except English, which is the fallback for the other 5).

enter image description here

• Andrew Nefedkin 1 post 23 karma points
    Jan 18, 2021 @ 19:10
    Andrew Nefedkin

Clearing all caches helped me.

• Jeroen Vantroyen 54 posts 394 karma points c-trib
    Apr 08, 2022 @ 13:28
    Jeroen Vantroyen

Problem only occured on ListViews. Clearing caches did it for me as well.

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Feb 18, 2021 @ 09:07
    Marc Goodson

Going to the direct backoffice Url of an item in the ListView, and republishing that item - fixed it for me!

• ivan 36 posts 177 karma points
    Apr 19, 2021 @ 11:43
    ivan

This works on me!

Thanks Marc!

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Mar 01, 2021 @ 08:43
    Dirk De Grave

issue still pops up in v8.11.1, Marc's suggestion to publish the items in the listview fixes it indeed (although not really a solution if you have zillion of items, luckily only have 3 on local development machine)

don't know if it adds more complexity to the issue, but 2 of 3 items in my local listview still had some mandatory properties not yet set (because of evolutive development of adding extra properties). Once those set and re-published, all back to normal again.

• ewuski 88 posts 234 karma points
    Mar 18, 2024 @ 16:02
    ewuski

I got it when I added allow vary by culture to my site in Umbraco 10 despite having multiple languages added.

Logout and login did the trick and cleared the error.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft