Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• JoskerVemeulen 68 posts 262 karma points
    Feb 12, 2019 @ 13:59
    JoskerVemeulen

Hi!

I have a scenario where I have a main top navigation and a footer navigation(privacy, copyright).

What i would like is in the content section to have a mainNav and a footerNav node. Under these nodes i would like to build the navs.

Example.

topNav -- home

-- about us

-- contact

footerNav

-- privacy

-- copyright

Ofcourse Home should be the home page when landing on the website. When using the about us item you should go to www.site.com/about-us instead of www.site.com/topNav/about-us.

Any ideas how to go about it this way?

• David Challener 80 posts 444 karma points c-trib
    Feb 12, 2019 @ 23:14
    David Challener

Hi,

Do topNav and footerNav have to be nodes?

For most sites we're building we can either put the data for the navigation on the home node, on a general settings node, or just in the template for very small static sites.

This would give you a structure of

Home
      -- about us
      -- contact
      -- privacy
      -- copyright

Then you can have a multi content picker for the mainNav and another field with a multi picker for the footerNav on the Home node document type.

Would this work in your case?

Many thanks, David

• Tarik | WPPlumber 179 posts 801 karma points c-trib
    Feb 17, 2019 @ 10:25
    Tarik | WPPlumber

JoskeVemeulen, I went through a test for that scenario and I got the result you mentioned to get.

I did the following:

1. Create two document types Home (topNav) and Terms (footerNav) and made them as root with two child pages.
    2. Assign one master page template for all 6 document types.

enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here

Think about using folders to structure your site content and manage urls between pages and childs.

I'm using Umbraco version 7.13.2 assembly: 1.0.6974.19955

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft