Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Allan Blaabjerg Lange 10 posts 92 karma points
    Feb 12, 2019 @ 14:44
    Allan Blaabjerg Lange

Remove backoffice installed package not visible under packages in backoffice

Hi guys

I've run into an issue where I want to upgrade Translation Manager from Jumoo but, when I go to "Packages" in backoffice to uninstall it as instructed in release notes of a new version of the package, the package is nowhere to be found.

What is the process of deleting a package and removing every trace of it, so that I can install the newest version of the package?

When trying to install the package via nuget without having removed the package I get an error saying something about "umbraco-api-translationsSettings"...

I hope you are able to help me.

Thanks in advance.

/ Allan Lange

• Craig Mayers 164 posts 508 karma points
    Feb 12, 2019 @ 16:00
    Craig Mayers

Hi Allan,

If it is not found in the packages portion of the Developer section, then it was most likely installed externally (not via the CMS).

In order to remove this package, you would have to remove the package folder from your App_Plugins folder.

I would then ensure that your dashboard.config and trees.config found in SiteRoot > config don't contain any references to the Jumoo Translation Manager.

Finally I would remove any dependencies for this package (Just be careful not to remove something that might be a shared dependency).

Thanks

Craig

• Allan Blaabjerg Lange 10 posts 92 karma points
    Feb 12, 2019 @ 17:01
    Allan Blaabjerg Lange

Hi Craig,

Thank you so much. I will give it a try tomorrow at work.

Hopefully it will do the trick.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft