Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gibran Shah 69 posts 240 karma points
    Feb 14, 2019 @ 05:20
    Gibran Shah

Hello,

I need a little help with document types. I've created three properties inside a tab:

enter image description here

How do I change the aliases? I would like to changes the aliases couples and group to be dailycouple and dailygroup respectively (to match dailyindividual above). When I open the edit dialog for the property, however, the alias seems to be read only:

enter image description here

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 14, 2019 @ 06:08
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Gibran

If you click on the little "lock" icon to the left of the alias then you can edit the aliases as needed.

But be aware that when you edit them you risk losing data that has already been setup in the "Content" section. That's why the aliases are locked by default.

Are there any specific reasons why you want to change the aliases? I mean the aliases are what you reference in your code and is not something that editors will see so I'm wondering why you want to change them? :)

I hope this helps!

/Jan

• Emiel 31 posts 124 karma points
    Feb 14, 2019 @ 07:50
    Emiel

If you create an interface (composition) you'd have to create an alias which is unique to that interface, or else you couldn't use it on a different document type with a property with the same alias of either "couples" or "group" - so I assume that is why.

• Gibran Shah 69 posts 240 karma points
    Feb 15, 2019 @ 02:28
    Gibran Shah

Thanks for the responses both.

I saw the lock icon but I never even tried to click it. I thought it was just to indicate that it was uneditable. Bad assumption! LOL

The reason I want to edit them is because I created several aliases with the same name and it won't let me save. Nothing is using this document type yet so I'm not worried about anything referencing the aliases.

Thanks again for the feedback.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 15, 2019 @ 06:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Yeah I guess it's not necessarily that obvious to people. Especially if one is new to Umbraco.

Maybe there needs to be some kind of indicator that it's possible to edit the aliases.

But good to hear you got it sorted now :-)

Happy umbracoing!

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft