Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Emily 1 post 82 karma points
    Feb 19, 2019 @ 16:16
    Emily

Hi everyone,

apologies in advance if this is a silly question, I just can't seem to find a definite answer on the internet...

I'm thinking about adding the Shopify buy button to my website to sell my products online, but can't find anything that says whether Shopify can be used with an Umbraco site? The Shopify website provides code for Wordpress and Squarespace etc but there's no mention of Umbraco.

If it is possible to add Shopify to an Umbraco site, is this something a developer would need to do? I am fairly confident using the Umbraco CMS and making basic changes to my website but if I ever require larger or more technical changes to be made, I'll ask the developer who originally built the site to do these. He obviously charges a fee for this, (which is of course perfectly fair!) I'm just wondering if I would need to employ his skills for this particular job or if it's something I can do myself?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

• MB 113 posts 422 karma points
    Feb 19, 2019 @ 21:34
    MB

My understanding of Shopify Buy-Button (and collection) is that you use it's web tool to create your items, and then generate html/script to embed into your pages - similar to generating html/script for many web-based services. I don't believe it's a problem for Umbraco per-se, but it will depend on whether or not you have been provided a backoffice option to embed html/script in the correct locations of the page structure, as the default content editor may try to sanitize it. It may well be possible to do it from the backoffice, but if it's not obvious how/where to embed html/script into the pages then you should perhaps ask the question of your developer.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft