Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Laureline 20 posts 161 karma points
    Feb 20, 2019 @ 16:24
    Laureline

Umbraco asking upgrade everyday

Hi everyone,

We have an issue with our back-up website. Actually, we have a back-up server of our website that is automatically synchronized everyday by getting all the source code and the database of our Umbraco website. Since we updated our Umbraco version to 7.12.3, our back-up website asks everyday to upgrade Umbraco, even though the source code and the database are the same as our live website.

Do you have an idea of what could cause this, please?

Thanks for your answers.

• Chris Evans 137 posts 353 karma points c-trib
    Feb 20, 2019 @ 21:11
    Chris Evans

You mean if you visit the back-up website in the browser it continually loads the upgrade migration process (the one that requires an admin login and then performs the database changes, similar to the installation screen)?

I believe that process will run when the value of the umbracoConfigurationStatus key in the web.config doesn't match the version of the umbraco DLLs being used to run the site. So you may want to check that those are both in sync.

Other than that, we may need more information about your setup to diagnose the issue.

Feb 22, 2019 @ 10:55
    Laureline

Hi there.

I just realized that my back-up website asks everyday at the same hour to update Umbraco (11am while the synchronization is at 10pm). In the Umbraco log file, here is what I found :

2019-02-22 11:03:40,990 [P6028/D2/T15] INFO  Umbraco.Core.Configuration.ClientDependencyConfiguration - Updated version number from 1462437805 to 836536910

This line appears everyday at 11am, while it does not appear on the Umbraco log file of the live website.

Can this explain my problem? Why does my ClientDependency version update in my back-up website and not in my live website?

PS: the web.config is also synchronized, so the umbracoConfigurationStatus key is the same as the one in the live server.

Mar 05, 2019 @ 13:41
    Laureline

Up!

Can someone help me on this point please?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft