Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mikkel 143 posts 365 karma points
    Feb 21, 2019 @ 15:26
    mikkel

Why does rich text editor show the text this way

When I copy text from a page, it is shown in this way in the rich text editor.

Why does it do it? Although I have made my own stylesheet for the rtc editor, it still does show it like that.

How do I change it?. that text there is bold is h2 headings so it should make a line break but it dont.

enter image description here

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Feb 21, 2019 @ 16:05
    Amir Khan

It looks like that's the front end and not the RTE itself, you rendering it by using @Html.Raw(render property value here)?

Feb 22, 2019 @ 08:01
    mikkel

Html.Raw dont work then i get the name of the proberty insteadt :)

• Greg Jenson 24 posts 157 karma points
    Feb 21, 2019 @ 18:56
    Greg  Jenson

If I understand what you're describing, I've had a similar issue. What does the html markup <> look like after you paste in the RTE?

For me, if I copy from a web page into the RTE, it adds all kinds of inline styling that I don't want, so I have to click the 'clear formatting' button after I paste everything.

• Frans de Jong 548 posts 1840 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Feb 22, 2019 @ 09:13
    Frans de Jong

You can activate the "remove format"option in the RTE or first paste the text you want to use in notepad and than in the RTE. In this way the formatting of the source is gone.

Feb 22, 2019 @ 11:44
    mikkel

Hi Greg That didt not work either :)

• Rhys Hamilton 140 posts 942 karma points
    Feb 22, 2019 @ 12:01
    Rhys Hamilton

If you right-click and inspect the bold text in your browser, can you tell us what the styles tab on the right outputs for this?

It could just be that your RTE styles are being overridden by another stylesheet on your site.

Feb 22, 2019 @ 12:08
    mikkel

Here is the inspection, i can not see anything :) enter image description here

• Nik 1591 posts 7148 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Feb 22, 2019 @ 16:54
    Nik

Hi Mikkel,

When you are doing the view you just screen shot above, can you switch from "styles" to "computed", this should show you final state of the CSS for that element and might shed some light on the behaviour.

Thanks

Nik

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft