Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stefano M. 2 posts 74 karma points
    Feb 25, 2019 @ 16:54
    Stefano M.

Load Balancing - redirection and page preview

Hi all, I'm using Umbraco on a medium size project and we decided to do some load balancing.

We went and separated the backoffice server from the frontend server and then made some load balancing on the frontend side.

Now, looking into the documentation I could not find any suggestions on: - removing/disabling the backoffice from the frontend server - removing/disabling the frontend on the backoffice server

Do you have any hints for me? At the moment, I'm using some rewrite rules in the web.config of the frontend server for disabling access to the umbraco folder, but don't know if its the right way.

About the backoffice, I just redirect the user to the umbraco folder and I did not bring there all the frontend views since there is "nothing" to render. This, I think, is causing me a great issue: I cannot preview the pages in umbraco.

What do you suggest? Should I bring all the views and controllers used in the frontend, to the backoffice server? Or is there any configuration I can set to tell the backoffice server to use the frontend server for page preview?

Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft